Saturday, June 20, 2015

CUCKOO'S DESSERT



A part of my hill series.


 In the hills clicking birds is tricky. They hop and fly away so fast that you fail to match their speed. Last week, I couldn't  manage to find any chance to take a picture of some bird and missed the weekly post.
However, a couple of days back, this cuckoo, with an earthworm in its beak was excitedly flying about in our complex, perhaps to find the safest place to enjoy the delicacy .  Luckily, I'd frame it.




The pigeon perched on the edge of gutter in one of the flats in our complex. Its pensive mood helped me to click it easily.

Friends,welcome here and thanks for the support!

 Linking to:  Camera Critters ,Saturday Critters  ,id-rather-b-birding










10 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes the birds do not always want to post nicely. Neat capture of the bird and worm and the peaceful looking pigeon! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Cuckoo found a place to enjoy his meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can sometimes be VERY tricky getting birds in a shot, and if they are flying...forget it! :-) We have to just keep trying, right? Love the silhouette of the dove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Persistence is the key....I guess....lol, sometimes it's just not possible to get a bird in the camera's frame. But you did good this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pensive pigeon..is wow capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a cuckoo before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These days we wake up to cuckoo's calls but never been able to see any as my house is all surrounded by huge buildings and less trees. I am sure I will find it in the park. And seeing the bird with its food is a delight. I can understand how difficult it would have been to capture it in your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luck plays a greater role than timing with birds:)
    For example I was just plain lucky to shoot this one in motion (on top) trying to catch an eat midair...I can't say I timed it:):)
    http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2015/05/thursday-challenge-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved both the shots, Mam. And hats off to your dedication.

    ReplyDelete