My sweet friend Shweta nominated my blog and also other blogs for the award of inspiring blogs. Thanks so much for remembering me and being a well wisher.
However the the obligation of writing about who I am, seems to be really daunting. By the way, If we happen to know ourselves, then myriad problems of life can be sorted out in a jiffy and we can live peacefully in amity and harmony. But it is not so. It is seen and believed that man is a bundle of contradictions most of the times, which is one of the reasons for complexities and unpredictability of human condition.
However, the core of anyone's personality is always inviolable and totally private. Anyways the goal of knowing oneself is paved with good intentions. No wonder, Greek philosopher Socrates found knowing oneself of great significance to know the truth, when he reiterated the maxim,''Know thyself."
Well, let me say a few things about myself, which partially describe me. Like I said above, the quest of knowing oneself is like walking on a never ending road.
However, a sneak view is in place here.
1. As for as I remember I've been a no nonsense person with deep sensitivities and belief in a value system to live life by. Though, with changing times and circumstances, I've mellowed down and learned to stand unpleasant situations bravely.
2. I've sympathy for men who refuse to see the light of the day and persist in feeding patriarchal attitudes.Their feeble egos are wrenched to accept that women have thinking minds too.
3. I love my family. My son and daughter (they're on their own now) and my hubby are my first priority. I wish I were a bit selfish!
4. I hold opinions and hate herd mentality and blind conformity for gaining popularity. I'm politically and socially aware and can see through the word games played in debates on TV channels. However, the verbal fisticuffs lately have become so disgusting that I've already weaned myself away.
5. I don't watch any TV serials, be it Hindi, Punjabi or English. I find them ridiculously stupid. I enjoyed Pakistani drama 'Zindagi Gulzar Hai' on newly started 'Zindagi' channel. But no more, as the quality of the subsequent offerings deteriorated considerably.
6. I'm a spiritual person and TOI's 'Sacred Space' and 'Speaking Tree' are a must read for me on daily basis.These contain inspiring reminders for leading a meaningful life. I also go through articles on Editorial page of "The Times of India" and other newspapers.
7. After God, my parents and now their pious memories are a source of inspiration and strength for me. Watching nature's miraculous cycle, gladdens, rejuvenates and renews my spirits and motivates me 24x7.
Now the sensitive task of nominating other blogs.
There are so many high quality blogs and many of them have already been nominated for the award. So my list in random order, comprises five blogs which I often visit. Excuse me for not nominating 15.
1.The Top post for its exquisite photography.
2. Anki on the move for her rich travel experiences.
3. Ananytales for her sweet tales and a lot of variety.
4.Mono-live for comprehensive information about technology and gadgets.
5. Powerful views for its evocative poetic offerings and brilliant pictures.
I hope this will do Shweta! Many thanks!!!
Friends, welcome here as always!
Friends, welcome here as always!