Thursday, December 27, 2018

NEW YEAR YEARNINGS




Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers








Y is for yearning

The New Year is approaching fast. We’re readying ourselves to extend it a spirited welcome. We yearn that it be a harbinger of peace, prosperity, wellness, equity, justice and happiness for all citizens of the world. We hope and wish that life, in general, would be better off in the coming year.

On a personal level, I’ve decided to issue an advisory to myself. In fact, it is very significant if I’m to keep my creative pursuits happen on an even keel. It is disturbing for me to realize that somehow I keep breaking my daily writing schedule for one reason or the other. I recognize it very well as it disappoints me afterward. The question arises, why can’t I stick to my daily calendar?

For one it is procrastination. It is like the satanic sweet deception. It is always waiting on the sidelines to weaken our resolves. Secondly, minor health issues crop up unexpectedly throwing life out of gear. Then it takes time to come back on track. Whatever the excuses, quintessentially it is more lassitude than anything else.

Friends I don’t have any bucket list this year. I just yearn to make myself take good care of my health and try to be more self-disciplined to carry on with activities which I love doing. I believe that if one can somehow manage to succeed in fulfilling the above two then all else would follow.

Let’s try to ensure a smooth run of the wheels of everyday life, to enable us to be more productive in achieving our goals.

Let us also promise to ourselves and to others that we endeavor to contribute something for the happiness and wellbeing of others.

Friends I’m curious to know if you also face occasional breaks in your artistic activities and how do you overcome that phase? Pl. do share.
***

Life is sprinting on the wings of time,
Make haste before the last bell chimes!


Friends welcome here as always!


Linking to:
 

9 comments:

  1. I agree with those two things you mentioned and laziness is certainly a core part on many to put away things. In my life it’s mostly health issues and stress related to it distract my activities and im someone keep postponing things with an intention to ponder or study detail and get forget as I move on. Hope it happens to be a better year for you ahead.

    Advanced Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    A post I could very well have written myself! The broken wrist this year really messed things about, this end. Getting back on track - self discipline - is certainly part of my wish for 2019. Sending love and wishes to you, dear lady, that at least some of your yearning is answered! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ofcourse I would like to make it happen that everyones wish will come tru but I can not, I can only wish it and that I do with all of my heart.

    Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
    ♫ M e l d y ♪ (ABC-W-team)
    http://melodyk.nl/23-Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes many things prevent us from doing what we had planned to do.More important issues crop up.That is life.
    I wish you a Happy New Year Uppal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yearning is such a romantic, or sad word

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the lyrics from John Lennon's song, 'Beautiful Boy' - "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans". Wishing you peace and blessings in 2019.

    ReplyDelete